Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Grep question

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 11/17/97

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Mark Dickey wrote:

->I know there is an option, i used to use it, but I can't remember what it
->is.  I have looked though all of the docs that FreeBSD has, including the
->man pages, but I can't find it.
->
->Is it not there and am I going crazy?

I'm willing to vote crazy.  I don't ever recall an option for not
searching binary files, or for there being a need.  Wouldn't it be
safe to assume that the pattern given won't show up in the binary
files?  And that, if you are so worried about the binary files, you
can just use wildcards to eliminate them and include the files you
want.

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com