Re: Give a spell to a character via a function

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 11/17/97

At 06:14 PM 11/17/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Is there some function like: affect_to_char(ch, SPELL_NAME) that will give
>the target that spell?  I looked through handler.c and failed to see
>one...
>
>--thanks

When asking about spells... try looking in magic.c or spell_parser.c. I
believe the particular function you are asking about is in magic.c under:

/*
 * Every spell that does an affect comes through here.  This determines
 * the effect, whether it is added or replacement, whether it is legal or
 * not, etc.
 *
 * affect_join(vict, aff, add_dur, avg_dur, add_mod, avg_mod)
*/

void mag_affects(int level, struct char_data * ch, struct char_data * victim,
                      int spellnum, int savetype)

That is also where you put a skill that results in an effect, like "dirt
kick". Which is actually the only reason I know the answer to this
question. *g*

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004