[compile problems]

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 11/17/97

LO:

I recently talked to the old admin of a mud in britain and we want to
bring the old mud back up but now instead of a sun system he has a win95
version B.  He's got most of the files fixed now to compile correctly
but the following error is throwing us for a loop as we see nothing
wrong with it?  it does compile completely without errors on a unix
system still, but not win95. Here is the error:

        cl -c /nologo /I. /I\MSDEV\INCLUDE act.wizard.c
act.wizard.c
act.wizard.c(3619) : error C2106: '=' : left operand must be l-value

here is the code:

if ((i = parse_race(*val_arg)) == RACE_UNDEFINED) {
      send_to_char("That is not a race.\r\n", ch);
      send_to_char("Races: goblin kobold elf dwarf human orc troll "
                   " minotaur\r\n",ch);
      return;
    }
    GET_RACE(vict) = i;    //<-here is the error
    break;
  case 50:
    GET_TRAINS(vict) = RANGE(0, 100);
    break;

I assume that it want a (long) typecast? If so, I've tried this and it
still gives this error, even with a clean make.  any ideas?

Baktor