Re: [NEWBIE] lookin for compiler

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 11/17/97

[redacted] wrote:

> My friend told me theres a free compiler on the Circlemud FTP site, I
> couldn't find it, I know this is tupid but could someone tlel the name and
> which folder its under, I don't have MSC++ and I wanna find a free compiler
> that works under WIN95 to test code out before imping it onto the one I'm
> runnin in UNIX. Thanx

try

ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/gnu-win32-b17.1/

also:
www.download.com

search for a file cdk.zip or usertools.zip   both are gnu's unix stuff
for win95.  I'd also recommend searching for a grep32.zip as i find the
grep tool in cdk.zip(the developers tools--BIG zip) insufficient.  this
grep32 can handle longer strings and seems to be much faster than the
cdk one....

Baktor

-if languages are so easy to learn...they why has none been mastered?