Re: Improved Editor Addition

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 11/18/97

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer wrote:

> What if you had a SPELL CHECKER?!?! wouldn't that be pretty interesting?
That would be nice... I think...

> If this were implemented, how many people would like to see this
> as a snippet?  and if you would use it?
I think I might want to take a look at it, if not later use it, I know
many people that they would like to crate areas, but they are not that
good at english and spell checker would be very nice for them,... :)

> and even better, how you think it should be done, to save memory,
> and speed (searching and doing Strcmp()'s is costly to the CPU i assume)
> and any ideas on how to speed it up (hash table comes to mind but i'm
> not to sure how to do it)

Uhm, how about taking a look at code for ispell? Ispell is a very nice
spellchecker, anyway, I think that the biggest problem would be then
getting the dictionaries and maybe for each builder having a personal
dictionarie.... ec, etc...

David!