Re: obuild, easy-color,

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 11/18/97

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Anthony J rye wrote:

->  I even decide to try the multi_hit code which i am having problems in. I
->got past class.c ,but now having problems with fight.c my parsing is
->messed up .Nothing big.
-> ok well here is my question, Could I rm screen.h and mv color.c screen.h
->to have color in mud? and just #include screen.h to files i want color in?

No.  The problem is caused by patches not going in correctly.  Look
for rejections.  If there are no rejections, then it's probably
because one of the patches has changed how something works that
another patch later relies upon working in a particular way (for
instance, if I made a patch--and I didn't--that changed the format of
mudlog and replaced all calls to mudlog in the code with the new
format, and then another patch was added that called mudlog, but used
the old style, there would obviously be an error).  In general, the
solution to all your 'patch' problems is to either (a) patch
rejections by hand, (b) patch the whole thing by hand.  The advantage
of the latter is that if you have things like the above-mentioned
'mudlog' example, you could spot the problem and fix it.

daniel koepke / dkoepke@california.com