Hedit Update and another Gedit Question

From: StormeRider (silk@ICI.NET)
Date: 11/23/97

Ok, diff'ing through the olc.c that Siv sent me with diff and CSDiff,
looking it over very carefully, I've ironed it out to the point where it
works fine the first time anyone tries to edit it (*yeah it saves and all
=)*) but from there is still locked up.

Ok, couple of ideas:

Where it has:
  /*. Check whatever it is isn't already being edited .*/
  for (d = descriptor_list; d; d = d->next)
    if (d->connected == olc_scmd_info[subcmd].con_type)
      if (d->olc && (OLC_NUM(d) == number) && (number != NOTHING))

Change it to:
  /*. Check whatever it is isn't already being edited .*/
  for (d = descriptor_list; d != ch->desc; d = d->next)
    if (d->connected == olc_scmd_info[subcmd].con_type)
      if (d->olc && (OLC_NUM(d) == number) && (number != NOTHING))

Won't fix the underlying problem but if you have only one person working on
help files, you'd be all set, am I correct? Am thinking that this should be
in there anyways, assuming no multi-logging, if someone is trying to edit
something they should already be editing, something got confuxxled and just
let them back in anyways.

Now to the main question at hand on this problem. a) Hedit supposedly
free's d->olc, so why is it still going through that section? b) OLC_NUM(d)
should refer to 0 both times; should I change it to refer to 1 or
something? c) Is it just me or is it very likely my main problem comes from
this line:
 if (d->connected == olc_scmd_info[subcmd].con_type)
But isn't d->connected the CON_ state of the player? *is getting a little
dizzy at all these damned descriptors*

Ok, also a complete side question. In all my time coding, I have never come
across this error, and the C book I do have doesnt have a list of errors
(*can we say DoH!?*)
guild.c: At top level:
guild.c:261: parameter `ch' has just a forward declaration
guild.c:290: parameter `guild_message' has just a forward declaration

The functions are declared as:
int is_in_guild(struct char_data *ch; struct guild_type *ginfo)
and
void send_to_guild(char *guild_message; struct guild_type *ginfo)

Originally I got that error when I had the newer guild functions declared
at the top of the file; when I wiped them out those two were the only ones
that remained. Asked a coder of a Rom MUD (Bleys from TCS) and he asked if
it included the right structures, which of course it has #include
"structs.h" way at the top.

Any ideas?

StormeRider                  --- http://www.windsofstorm.net/wos/
silk@ici.net                 --- telnet://cmoo.com:4004