Something about spells

From: Søren P. Skou (serces@MUD.DK)
Date: 11/29/97

Hi all.

Now I've looked at the spellsystem for some time, and I wanted to do
something about it. Not really change it as such, but make it with
schools or something alike that.

The idea is like this, take a wizard f.x. the PC gets HUGE Flaming
spells, but without knowing how to protect him/herself from the fires.
The mage must first master the spell 'Flame' to be able to do anything
with fire.

So the route to a fireball would be something like this :
flame->Fire->FireBall

But I have no clue right now on how to make this Fireball Dependant on
Flame and Fire. (And to learn Fire, you need flame). Same goes for
healing spells and so on.

Anyone with some kind of hint/idea to how to do this one? (Just to get
me started.. ;-)

/Serces