Re: AutoAuction v2.0

From: Rasmus Ronlev (raro94ab@STUDENT.ECON.CBS.DK)
Date: 12/01/97

On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, George wrote:

> I've just placed a snapshot of my (weakly tested) AutoAuction v2.0 code I'm
> working on.  People are welcome to look at it and tell me what they think
> or don't like.  New in this version will be a queue of items, a mob
> actually conducting the auction channel over the auction channel
> (do_gen_comm), and bidding on objects not even on the block yet (but they
> won't be sold until on the block).  Other little things include being
> notified when you are outbidded and the 'fixing' of all that color stuff.
> I am also back to pointers and verifying them to allow mobiles in the
> auctions.

Uhm, I've got a pretty much 'working' version of AutoAuction, that I
hacked together myself. Only thing that'll crash it is, that it doesn't
check for objects that might time out during the auction.
However, it doesn't use an 'auctioneer', but runs 'entirely' on the
auction channel, that's been restructured, to just an auction 'item', bid
<value> thing, that displays what's going on. It stacks objects in a que,
etc etc. If you want to take a peek at it, tell me, and I'll mail it to
you. If not I'll just keep it to myself *grin*

Btw. I followed that idea of yours, to free the mob_proto and mob_index
tables in the code and see when they got corrupted. Seems they get
corrupted somewhere in the assigning of spec-procs... I'll have to look
into this some more. Thanks for the idea. Actually it's given me more info
on half an hour with moving free()'s arround the code and recompiling than
4-5 days of heavy use of debugging libraries et al... *snicker*

Regards,
Rand

.d
--
        Rasmus Ronlev DOEK'94           http://www.econ.cbs.dk/~raro94ab
             IT-Advisor               mailto:raro94ab@student.econ.cbs.dk

              B.Sc. Computer Science and Business Administration
          Stud. M.Sc. Computer Science and Business Administration