Changing World Files

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 12/02/97

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, StormeRider wrote:

> At 09:35 PM 12/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Alan Telecky wrote:
> >
> >>Is there anyway to set the eq level using OLC?
> >
> >Not in OasisOLC, stock code doesn't support level based eq.
> >
> Actually I dont know about post 1.3 but it was included.... just commented
> out. And then you have to change the stuff in act.item.c.
>
> It was really easy. Just a pain to add in 0 for all world objects.

Instead of manually adding in all those zeroes and maybe missing one or
sticking one in the wrong spot and just really FUBARing your world files,
there is an easier and faster way.

Change X_save_to_disk to save the new data, but don't change the parse_X
in db.c.
make
reboot mud
save ALL zones, objs, mob, room, shops, etc... with Xedit save XX
Change the parse_X code in db.c to read in the new data.
make
reboot mud

You're all done with the proper code in place for saving/parsing the
data. No more manually altering those thousands of things by hand.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.