Re: Changing World Files

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 12/02/97

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Erwin S. Andreasen wrote:

>A better way is to use versioning, which also retains backwards
>compatibility with older area files (for reading).

Even better than versioning is to just tack values onto the end of the
line.  Then have the server check how many arguments it actually read
(sscanf). If it didn't get all of them, just fill in a default.

I do that and still have some stock zones around that have not been
converted even though many of the other areas do use the extensions.