Re: Question regarding NPC Positions

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 12/04/97

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold wrote:

>         For 'fly' and 'swim', I made 2 more positions. A small thing I
> have noticed is that a creature swimming, if it gets attacked, and the
> person attacking flees, the mob is now standing. I want to add in a check
> for the sector type, so if its underwater, the mob reverts back to
> swimming, but I do not know where to put it.

Ick. Flying and swimming should be handled through AFF_XXX flags, but
it's your code, so.....  Question: If someone is flying and mortally
wounded on your mud, what POS_XXX are they at? Hmmm.. Think about it.

Check out stop_fighting() (not sure what file). Make a check in that
routine that checks to see if the person is a mob and underwater and has
a default pos of POS_SWIMMING. If all of that is true, then set their pos
to POS_SWIMMING. If all of that is not true, leave their position alone.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>

May the source be with you.