Re: Win95 && Gnu32

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 12/05/97

>Ok, couple of straight-up questions.
>1.) Where is the best place to d/l the Gnu32 system and what exactly do I
>need?
>2.) Does the Gnu32 basically allow for compiling and running circle as if I
>were running say, Linux/Solaris?
>3.) Any exceptional items to note when doing this, like certain things I
>will have to modify to make it run, or things like the Gnu32 patch doesnt
>work as well as another utility out there?

Lo:

You could go to cygnus's homepage or goto www.download..com.  Look for the
developer's toolkit (cdk.zip).  Its around 15meg zip and it is a hefty download
if your not on a T feed.  Once installed and you have gnu working ok, follow
the directions for compiling under gnu.  These directions come with the stock
version of the mud.

Things to look out for.  Make sure you move the files around like the document
tells you to.  This is the #1 problem that people have when compiling win95,
they don't follow directions.  If you have gnu installed, it should pretty much
compile down straight with no problems.  If you run into them, post it.

That should do you for now i hope.

ObCircle:

I have conferred with my C professor today.  He has agreed to take a copy of
stock 12 and fix it up to work under borland C++ (the version that handles long
filenames, as i can't remember which that is right now.)  He will work on that
during my Christmas break and everything should be done and ready when i get
back, where i will post the results to here.  From what we discussed, it should
not be as hard as what we done the first time as this version of borland is
32bit oriented, wheras our first test wasn't.  Wish him luck and I'll get back
to you after my vacation.

Baktor