Re: Question regarding NPC Positions

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 12/06/97

On Saturday, December 06, 1997 3:48 PM, David Klasinc
[SMTP:bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI] wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold wrote:
>
> >         It you don't mind mixing stuff up, then do it your way, But I
> > prefer all positions to be treated as that, positions.
>
> BUT! If you're flying and then little bird attacks you your position is
> changed into POS_FIGHTING and fall down... Or what?!
>
>  It checks if you're maybe affectedy by spell fly and then it makes you
> stay in the air? And after the fight your position is set on POS_FLYING
> again?! Of course after you've been checked that your're AFF_FLY... NOW!
> this IS a mess!! :P

Why not make fighting a flag? Then you don't have to worry about
all of those other hacks to make things work.

Positions are positions. Fighting is an affect/attitude IMHO. In
addition, flying isn't a position. With that setup you have to add
yet another hack to allow people to sit down on the flying carpet
rather than just standing. And another to allow them to fight and
so on.. too many hacks for me :-)

--Mallory

Neither sweat, nor blood, nor frustration, nor lousy manuals
nor missing parts, nor wrong parts shall keep me from my task.
  --Christopher Hicks