Re: OasisOLC MProg Support

From: Desmond Daignault (tekdd@DTOL.DATATIMES.COM)
Date: 12/12/97

On Fri, 12 Dec 1997, Luke Ehresman wrote:

=>>>Can someone please help me get mprogs working?  I went to olc.h, but I am
=>>>not sure as to what to set to get them working right.  Any help is
=>>>appreciated!
=>>>
=>
=>>a.) Whats your problem with them?
=>>b.) Have you tried the latest version of Oasis?
=>>c.) Find a more list appropriate sig? I dont care if you're a Jew or
=>>Christian... I just don't need to know it. :P
=>
=>a.)  My problem is that they're not working at all.  As if they're not
=>defined
=>     or something like that.
=>b.)  Yes, I have version 1.6

Having Oasis v1.6 isn't enough to get mobprogs to work. You will also need
to install the mobprog patch which is on the ftp site.  Oasis support for
mobprogs is only an addition to the editor to allow mobprogs to be
defined/saved online.  Oasis does not give your mud mobprog support by
itself (if you never had mobprog support before).

Hopefully this is the information you were looking for.

--
Dez.

void signature () {
  printf ("Praise not the day until evening has come; a woman\n"
          "until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until\n"
          "she is married; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it\n"
          "has been drunk.  -- Viking Proverb\n");
}