Re: Development Style

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 12/16/97

> When I say "development style", I mean:
> coding and compiling locally, then uploading to server
> doing all coding on remote server
> etc...

currently, i'm running my mud off of a shell account with a 20 meg
quota...but i recently have installed FreeBSD (the same OS as my shell
account) and have begun the move to doing everything
locally..compilationis about ten times faster, and i don't have the space
limit..as soon as i get my laptop configured, and stuff..i'm probably
going to try to run the mud entirely locally..only problem is that i may
have to spring for a dedicated line to my ISP (don't know how much that
costs yet)..cool thing is that i could probably get a free domain name
routed to my mud (sivsmud.mud goes to siv.ppp.cyberenet.net 4000)..
         (or whatever name we eventually decide on)

shrug

siv