Re: hidden objs ";P" at "Dec 17, 97 05:55:09 pm"

From: AxL (axl@MINDWARP.PLYMOUTH.EDU)
Date: 12/17/97

> uh..i wasn't really asking for how to do it (especially since i already
> implemented hidden objs)...rather i was asking for pro-con arguments for
> having them..
>
> pro (from me):
> another feature that will diversify players, and the player's eq
>
> con (from a co-admin):
> all it means is that people will have to be affected with DETECT_OBJ, or
> whatever..just another minor inconvenience (comparable to DETECT_INVIS,
> SENSE_LIFE, etc)

        The solution here would be to make the various detection spells
not as common as they are in nearly every diku mud.  Ensure that potions
of detect invis, sense life, detect object, and other such rampant
silliness are not common.  A long time ago, a certain mud I used to be on
had _no_ invis potions at all, and the spell was caster-only, so only mages
could make use of invisible items.
--
-AxL, axl@wpcr.plymouth.edu - SysOp, RPM Director, WPCR Plymouth, 91.7 FM
 "Discriminate against the next fashion sucker you meet....it's a raver!"