Re: stock bpl11 bug

From: Marc Gale (m.gale@HUGH.BGC.AC.UK)
Date: 12/18/97

> I'm not quite sure what the cause is, but if you flee, then walk back in,
> if you do it fast enough, you'll still be fighting... I thought it was
> this line in update_pos, which didn't make any sense to me:

<cut>

I think the problem is the way the code checks fighting mobs (is this
based on a pulse folks?).  As far as I can gather, the code looks
through all fighting mobs on a pulse (mob_heartbeat?) and makes sure
that their opponent is still there, if they are, then keep fighting,
if not, stop fighting.

This means that if a player runs out, and back in between heartbeats
(2 seconds?) the mob doesn't realise he fled.

What you might want to do is to place an extra bit of code in the
flee bit which checks the mob you were fighting (if you were), and
if the mob is fighting you, stop it fighting if you flee
successfully.

The check that it is fighting you is important as otherwise a player
could end combat for someone else by attacking the mob (who is
already flagged as fighting someone else) and then flee.

Marc
hmm, I need a short snappy sig...nemmind