Re: database save

From: dmitri (dmitri@ULTRANET.COM)
Date: 12/20/97

>go to your root directory and type:
>
>tar cvfz mud.tar.gz *
>
>This will tar and gzip everthing you have below the root directory.  From
>there you can ftp it to your machine or leave it on your machine, whatever
>you want to do.  To undo it, however, just gunzip it(gunzip mud.tar.gz) then
>untar it (tar -xvf mud.tar).
>
>Chuck

umm, i have windows 95?... can someone give me teh commands to save the mud
online for windows 95? i didnt exactly want it to be zipped up.... i need a
command that will save the areas after i edit them online with OLC.... its
a simple building question.... currently i have been testing to see if it
saves by editing an object called a 'beer bottle' (vnum is 3001 in stock)
and renaming it to 'vodka'.... i then shutdown, but when i restart the mud
it has gone back to 'beer bottle'... all i need is a way to save the canges
i make, without zipping it.

-dmitri