Re: database save

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 12/20/97

> umm, i have windows 95?... can someone give me teh commands to save the mud
> online for windows 95? i didnt exactly want it to be zipped up.... i need a
> command that will save the areas after i edit them online with OLC.... its
> a simple building question.... currently i have been testing to see if it
> saves by editing an object called a 'beer bottle' (vnum is 3001 in stock)
> and renaming it to 'vodka'.... i then shutdown, but when i restart the mud
> it has gone back to 'beer bottle'... all i need is a way to save the canges
> i make, without zipping it.

you have got to be kidding..if you're asking what i think your asking
then you have to be the biggest dipshit on the face of the planet..do you
read the documentation before (or after) you plug in a new patch?

~/circle/doc/oasis.handbook.txt:
        When you are done with the room, hit Q for quit.  It will
ask you if you want to save the room internally.  If you are
happy with the room, enter yes.  If you don't really want to
include the changes into the room, for example, it may be
a pre-existing room that someone might not want changed, enter
no.  However the room has not been saved to the actual computer
that runs the gaem.
  To save the room, you would type Redit save 58, if you are dealing with
zone 58.  If you are building zone 90, you would enter redit save 90.

take a look at the second paragraph...see the "redit save <zone
num>"..yeah..well its the same for all of the *edit commands..and you can
type olc to see what needs to be saved...

what a silly question..RTFD, dude..

siv