Amiga CircleMUD 3.0 and BBSs

From: Brian (brian@IMI-BOTTLING.COM)
Date: 12/31/97

Okay, first off I guess I better say "hello" as a new subscriber to this
list... :)

I'm not nearly as great a "coder" as I'd like.  I used to run CircleMUD 2.2
on an Amiga BBS and coded for it back then (spells, SPEC_PROC, etc).

Secondly, I subscribed to this list to hopefully gain some information that
I can't seem to find on my own (reading FAQ's and other sources).  Basically
I'm trying to see if there are other Amiga CircleMUD users on this list so I
can contact them with questions.  One specific question I can think of is
does anyone have a 3.0 version that allows a "fake" Telnet connection like
that used over a BBS as a door game (instead of needing a real Telnet
connection and TCP/IP stack running).

Getting the source and compiling it for Amiga wasn't difficult, and it loads
fine.  I can telnet into it as long as I'm running my TCP/IP stack and using
the "real" Telnet command to recommended address/port.

I notice that the circlemud.org site shows that an Amiga CircleMUD port is
being worked on and will be due out in 1998.  However, there already seems
to be a port of it available (outdated text I guess).

Who is the author, and is he still around?  I thought it was J. Patton, but
the e-mail address in his docs is bouncing back.  I was wondering if there
was someone else working on the Amiga port (if it is being worked on), other
than J. Patton?

Is there anyone currently using the CircleMUD 3.0 program for Amiga that is
running it in a BBS environment?  If so, how?  If not, is it something easy
to fix?

I guess that's all my newbie questions... Hopefully some kind soul will
answer me...  :)

 - Brian