[NEWBIE] Manually calling a skill?

From: Allan Houston (ahouston@IAFRICA.COM)
Date: 01/01/98

Hi ,

My ever demanding builders have asked me to code in a hunt extension to
the track skill. I though the easiest way of doing this was to add it as
a spell which sets an affect flag AFF_HUNT , then to call the existing
track from look_at_room in act.informative.c ? Any pointers on how I could
do this final call ( I have the rest all in place , finally :P ) ? To
confuse matters slightly : - In the place of that final call to track I
put a send_to_char , just to test that the flags and everything were fine
, but sure enough , it doesnt work :( , if I stat the character after
casting the spell , the affect flag should show up right ?

/FROM MEMORY ON

af[0].bitvector=AFF_HUNT;
af[0].duration=10 +level;
accum_duration=TRUE;

break;

/FROM MEMORY OFF

The idea seems sound , at least to me ;) , anyone have any advice on
whether I'm making any serious logic /coding errors anywhere ?

Thanks,
Allan.

                        |             Allan Houston               |
                        | Internet Africa National Support Centre |
                        |          I am a freeBSD user            |
                        |      Email: ahouston@iafrica.com        |
                        | Elenia Mud :link.freebsd.os.org.za:4000 |
                        | http://link.freebsd.os.org.za/~ahouston |