Re: [CODE] Physics

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/08/98

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Tony Robbins wrote:

> I was thinking about physics, and I've seen it done so I know it's possible.
>
> The sinking object patch is a great start, what I'm trying to do is make it
> so that if there is an underwater room below where the object is dropped,
> it sinks to that room rather than being extracted.
>
> Same situation with air.  If there's a room below, it drops.  If not it is
> extracted.  The falling update could be told to stop if the room it is in
> is !SECT_FLYING or whatever.

Easy.

If exit down exists {
  if current room is water and room down is water {
    object removed from current room
    object placed in room down
  }
} else {
  object sinks and is extracted.
}

Doing the same for non-floating objs and non-flying players is the same,
but the down check is not for water, but for SECT_FLYING.

I'd give you more details, but I'm tired, and have already coded it once,
and don't feel like re-figuring the wheel. Hopefully, it gets you going.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke