Re: [newbie]colours

From: Rasdan (rasdan@PEAK.ORG)
Date: 01/15/98

> i wanted to also ask about this :
> when you enter a room (or type look in a room you`re in) and a mob/player
> has sanctuary, i wanted
> this line that says "...he glows with a bright light!" to appear in white
> i tried doing :
> sprintf(sanc_buf,"%s...%s glows with a bright light!",CCWHT(ch,C_CMP),
>   HSSH(i));
> strcat(buf, CCNRM(ch, C_SPR));
> act(sanc_buf, FALSE, i, 0, ch, TO_VICT);
> send_to_char(CCNRM(ch,C_NRM),ch);

Here's the easiest solution, download from the ftp site easy color 2, not
sure of the exact file name, but it's pretty obvious what it is.

It's very easy to install and it makes using colors easier than well,
anything :)

All you need to do is:

act("&W...$e glows with a bright light!&n", FALSE, i, 0, ch, TO_VICT);

Nice and easy :)

Rasdan

                                  /   \
        _                 )      ((   ))     (
       (@)               /|\      ))_((     /|\                 _
       |-|`\            / | \    (/\|/\)   / | \               (@)
       | | ------------/--|-voV---\`|'/--Vov-|--\--------------|-|
       | |  James C. Thomas Jr.   `\Y/'  Founder of Finality   |-|
       |-|                 rasdan@finality.com                 | |
       | |                  finality.com 4000                  |-|
                 l /   V           \ \       V   \ l           (@)
                                   `\ /'
                                     `