Re: Races?

From: Fili (cybom@NETROPOLIS.NET)
Date: 01/17/98

StormeRider (winds of storm mud) wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, IcE MasteR wrote:
> > SHARING and HELPING, all you "Experienced" Coders do is sit around and mock
> > newbies about being stupied and laze, ALOT of people learn from EXSISTING
> > code, or did you all forget that? (Looks that way).

Hmm... you dont even spell lazy and existing right.. odd. It seems to me that you
are just another of the 8 year olds that thinks they can just download-and-untar it
and have a new "original" circlemud. And yes, many do learn from EXISTING code.
What better EXISTING code to look at than the circlemud source? Nothing is better
to read than the stuff that holds your mud together.

> > I personaly take
> > snippits and use them as a begging code base then modify them completely.
> > How about if you don't have anything HELPFULL to say not SAYING anything at
> > all, OR atleast take it to PRIVATE e-mail to flame someone!
> Every now and then a general flame is deserved... like I am giving, and I
> do not usually do.

Again, you misspelt helpful, and snippets. What do you mean as using them as a
begging code base?

> > >Just that.

> > >Uh huh.

> > >They don't want to.

> > >Yeah.  I can understand getting patches for things like color, but your
> > >races should be something that YOU do and not someone else.  I'll help you
> > >find a good starting spot, but Im coding not yer damned mud ye who be the
> > >sea of non codingness!

Another tribute to why a guild of implementors is needed.