[building](kinda newbie)

From: Andy Shaw (andy@LONDON.VIRGIN.NET)
Date: 01/19/98

(takes deep breath in preparation for first posting to list)

Hi folks,

I'm messing around with bpl11 patched with all sorts of stuff, most notably
OLC, multiclass and races. No problems with those, nor some minor bugs from
some of the many snippets. My server is a P133 with 24Meg under Redhat 4.5.
It's standalone, and just for my own benefit at the mo.

Having got the code into a shape that I was beginning to be pleased with, I
tried adding my first extra zone - Ancalador, taken from the CAW section of
the FTP site.

I put it in as zone 58, using emacs to replace all those QQ's with 58 and
adding the zone to all the index files (all the other areas are the stock
included in the circle30bpl11.tar.gz download).

When I started the mud, though, all the 58's started throwing up errors. A
quick reread of the docs/building.doc reminded me to put $'s in at the ends of
all the files, which fixed almost everything. Except the obj file. For some
reason, in the last object of the file (whatever it is - I tried cutting out
the last object and swapping objects round to no avail), the mud claims
there's an error (Expecting A/E/#xxxx). There _is_ an E, with a properly
formatted keyword/description pair, but for some reason, the mud won't take
it.

I guess my (longwinded) question really boils down to: Has anyone else had
problems integrating Ancalador in their mud, and can anyone shed any light on
my problem.

Like that other guy said, if I'm just being plain dumb, please humiliate me by
direct e-mail, rather than wasting everyone else's time.

Many thanks,
--
Andy Shaw     Operations Assistant & Help Producer     Virgin.net
(spot the work .sig :-) )