128 bit problems

From: Chuck Carson (newearth@DIGMO.ORG)
Date: 01/22/98

Okay, I have tried everything. I tried sifting all bits up one, I tried
shifting each group of defines up 1. No matter what I do, a new problem
will arise.

ex:

Here is how the AFF bits and constants.c look
-------------------------------------
#define AFF_BLIND       1

"BLIND",
"INVIS",
--------------------------------------
Here is what a stat on the person says:

AFF: POISON
SPL:(103hr) infravision         SETS POISON

and It is not just saying that, the POISON bit si actually set

Okay, now if I set it like this:
--------------------------------------
#define AFF_DONTUSE     0
#define AFF_BLIND       1

"\0",
"BLIND",
--------------------------------------

All of the mobs AFF bits will be off by 1.

I have also tried the follwing combos:

-------------------------------------
#define AFF_BLIND       0

"BLIND",

#define AFF_BLIND       0

"\0",
"BLIND",

I hope you can follow this, because it has gone way past annoying as
hell. Has anyone, gotten _128 bits_ to work with _PATH LEVEL 12_??

If so, can you mail me your constants.c and structs.h files? (or the
portions of this files in question?

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch,
CC