Re: [CODE] A stable special proc

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/26/98

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Chuck Reed wrote:

> I have added in mounts in my game and currently have no way of saving them.
>  I was going to add a store called "The Stables" in which you could store
> one mount for a price.  Now, seeing as there may be more than one of these
> across the world eventually, I was thinking that the best way to code this
> was to make files similar to plrobjs and plralias to store all their mounts
> and what stable they were at.  However, not knowing at ALL how to do this,
> I was wondering if anyone knew of a different way that would work?

Make an item like ITEM_TICKET

The item would be a nothing item, other than it holds info for later use
in the obj vals. Like so:

0: The vnum of the rented mob.
1: The vnum of the room the stable is in. (That way Bob won't take
   tickets from Joe's stable.)
2: Cost to un-rent the mount. (Or just charge the player when he rents
   the mount.)
3: <unused>

When someone gives a ticket to a stablehand, the hand checks to make sure
the ticket is his, and if so, extract the ticket and load the mob
specified by the ticket.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke