Question about stat

From: Akuma/Chris Baggett/DOOMer (doomer@BAYOU.COM)
Date: 01/26/98

Ok, first of all i'm not a newbie, just to set the tone for this correctly.

Ok, here goes.  Abbreviations are annoying.  Especially if i don't know
what they mean.

here's one for example (anyone mind telling me what it is?) :

code from do_stat_character() in act.wizard.c
(STL[%d]/per[%d]/NSTL[%d])
and those 3 %d's align to these variables.
            GET_PRACTICES(k), int_app[GET_INT(k)].learn,
            wis_app[GET_WIS(k)].bonus

simple example is when you stat a char and something like this
shows up:
(STL[108]/per[60]/NSTL[7])
ok, now.  I have a question.
What does the  STL/per/NSTL stand for?
I know it's not Steal.  but how do you get  STL from PRACTICES,
per from a learn variable, and NSTL from a wis_app bonus variable?

I ask, mainly so i can rename the STL/per/NSTL to something
more readable/understandable.

any insight into this would be helpful, thanks.

Code On
Akuma the Raging Coder

  | "The poets talk about love, but what I talk about is DOOM, |
  |      because in the end, DOOM is all that counts." -       |
  |   Alex Machine/George Stark/Stephen King, The Dark Half    |
  |        "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, Just IMPROBABLE"            |
  |   "Easier Said Than Done, But Better Done Than Said..."    |