Re: Question about stat

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/26/98

On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Tadrith, the Silver Gryphon wrote:

> >That said, would someone happen to know what the following means(from stat):
> >Saving throws: [0/0/0/0/0]
> >
> >--Acme
>
> Those are the saving throws for the character... namely saving for
> paralysis, rod, spell, petrification, and breath. They determine how
> resistant a character is to a spell.

Partially correct.

In stock code, the values displayed are the person's modifier to the
particular save. To get what the person's REAL save is you need to modify
the function to show (saving_throw[] + GET_SAVE(ch, SAVING_XX)).

I'd give you more details, but the code isn't in front of me, and I
haven't looked at the code in ages.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke