Crash Problems.

From: S. Mead (meadsh@ECE.ORST.EDU)
Date: 02/05/98

It crashes and I get this message(error):

        Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It happens very regularly, about 7 minutes after someone is on the
mud... everytime.

In the FAQs, I saw a unix command/program used for viewing the core
dump... I used this command:

        gdb bin/circle lib/core

And I got this output:

Core was generated by `circle'.

warning: The shared libraries were not privately mapped; setting a
breakpoint in a shared library will not work until you rerun the
program.

Reading symbols from bin/circle...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdld.sl...done.
#0  0x4ee9c in perform_violence () at fight.c:1009
1009      if (ch->equipment[j]) {

I checked out that code, in fight.c but it all looked fine.

I'm not exactly sure what this gdb output means.  If there is anyone
that knows, please help me decipher it.  Or if anyone knows a different
programing for tracking bugs like this please let me know!

Thanks!
Shaw