Re: Time Flow (and events)

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 02/05/98

On 2/6/98 2:14 AM, ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET) stated:

>i was thinking..the only event system that is available (i think) on the
>ftp site is one that decrements event timers every second (this is bad)..
>is there any interest in having me upload a patch for my event system? i
>made it using the Death Gate (hash table) queueing system, and a bunch of
>advice from erwin...in addition to the two event uses i wrote about
>above, i made object timers more like character affections (hrm..exactly
>like), made wait_state an event on the char struct, delayed commands
>and skills..and i'm currently changing my combat system to be event driven
>rather than use PULSE_VIOLENCE (btw, if anyone has suggestions on dealing
>with dual wield..i'd like to hear them :)

Interesting... I'ld like to see how you did this, most definitely!

As for dual wield, perhaps the attacks would alternate or be chosen
randomly (with a moderate overall speed-up), or allow both to attempt
hits at the same time.  I've been debating over that same issue as of
late, since I changed the MUD over to "two-hand"-style.

- Chris Jacobson