event based combat and dual wield

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 02/06/98

> As for dual wield, perhaps the attacks would alternate or be chosen
> randomly (with a moderate overall speed-up), or allow both to attempt
> hits at the same time.  I've been debating over that same issue as of
> late, since I changed the MUD over to "two-hand"-style.

what i've actually done is have both hands act individually..both attacks
start at the same time, then each additional attack takes place based on
the calculated speed with that weapon..so the hand with the dagger
attacks twice in the time that the hand with the axe does..

as far as the combat system as a whole..it would be extremely easy,
except for the dual wield..i ended up putting a type bitvector for
each event saying whether it was PRIMARY, SECONDARY, BACKSTAB, WIELD_1,
WIELD_2, BARE_HAND, etc..all in all, its a pain in the butt..

siv