Re: [NEWBIE] Compiling with GCC

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 02/16/98

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998, Josh Kragness wrote:

->Sorry to keep asking dumb and obnoxious questions, but when I try to compile
->Circle in DOS with GCC, I get a 'missing separator' message. I am not really
->familiar with GCC, as I just switched from Microsoft Visual C++. I do realize
->that this error has something to do with using spaces instead of tabs, but
->I've tried everything I can think of.  The following is the error-producing
->line:

Eh, first, CircleMUD can't be compiled with DJGPP (gcc under DOS),
because DJGPP doesn't support BSD sockets; unless you've found a
way to use Winsock with DJGPP (and I believe there is a way).

->
->MAKE = /nologo /s

Second, these aren't parameters for DJGPP, there are for MSVC++.
The makefile for Microsoft Visual C is considerably different than
that for gcc.

-dak