Re: Random Shop Equipment

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 02/16/98

On 2/17/98 7:58 AM, S. Mead (meadsh@ECE.ORST.EDU) stated:

>I want to make a special procedure so that a shopkeeper can have their
>normal assortment of goods plus one other object from a random list,
>like a special object.  So every reboot one special object will be
>selected randomly and put into the shopkeeper's list.

>What would be the best way to do this?  Make a new proc for the mob or
>maybe making another Zone command?

Two ways that I can think of at the moment.

The first method would be to install the % loading patch, which makes
zone commands only loads mobs/objects/etc a certain % of the time, and
adapt the patch to the GIVE (G) command, if it doesn't already support it.

The second method would be to use a mobprog/script to randomly load an
object into the shop keepers inventory...

Of the two, the first is better, IMHO, because it also involves adding
code that opens up far more possibilities than just your current goal.

- Chris Jacobson