Re: [IDEA] [CHANGING ZONES]

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 02/17/98

At 05:51 PM 2/17/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>Personally, I would permit a certain amount of "scripting" inside the
>>room description.
>>
>>  @={dark:It is dark.}{light:It is light.};
>>  ~

--blah blah---
>like @={fair:The fair...etc}; You could also change the olc code to be able
>to quickly insert these tags instead of having to type them in every time
>(ok, so it's minimal typing to do @={};, but i'm lazy). Say you have alot
>of rumors of war on the eastern border. Just change the desciption so that
--blah--

Anyway, I figured I'd just inform you that this is already done (the string
thing) at ftp.circlemud.org with the string parser.

It allows for
[? int < 15:You are dumb.\You are smart.]
To put out in the description You are dumb. or You are smart.  In any
event, it's there, and easily expandable.  (When I first put it in my MUD,
about 20 minutes later it was race friendly along with other stuff.)

Tony