WIN95 with Files

From: Baktor Silvanti (baktor@BEDFORD.NET)
Date: 02/17/98

hello all,

ok, am i having a bad trip or is the mud doing miricles on me?  I added
a death counter to my players and had it save a player file in a new
directory \deaths\.  Now, when i done this, i basically copied parts of
code from alias stuff.  When it was finally done, it threw error's on me
cause it couldn't open file "/deaths/baktor.dth". I seen the problem
right away and changed the "/" to "\\", now it works great.  I thought
about that a moment and realized that was copied from existing
code.....code that works?  i can do my aliases, and there is a alias
file in the correct folder.  I looked further and found all the
#define's that are directory related.  HOW do they work like that with
win95?  I'd love to know how it's opening up files with the "/" in it
instead of the "\\" equivalent.  Am i to worry over this? change the
#defines? Bow down and praise the 7 lords of hell for this miracle?
I'm just curious why it seems to work fine one time...but threw an error
on new code.

offtopic:

those of you with msvc 5+, check out the windiff.exe, it may come in
handy.

Baktor Silvanti