ident error

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 02/20/98

heya..i have the slightly older version of ident by eric green that was
available from the ftp site..i believe there is a newer version (mine has
a rev date of 10/9/96)..anyway..its worked great for a long time..now,
however whenever someone connects from localhost, i get an
"INVALID-SOCKET" error..i traced through the code, and it seems to work
fine..but i'm pretty ignorant as far as socket stuff goes..could it be
something that my ISP did? perhaps the IDENT_PORT (113) is being used by
something else..shrug..could someone give me a rundown on the hows and
whys of ident errors?

oh..and something that may or may not be related..anyone know why there is
a wait state of 1 pulse put on the descriptor every pulse? does it do me
harm to remove it :)

siv