Re: [QUESTION] Changing max_spells

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 02/20/98

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Christoffer Lundberg wrote:

> I've been pondering around a thing. What if you set MAX_SPELLS at 240 for
> example? Will there be any serious problems? I want to be able to use the
> slots for object-/NPC-spells for players as well. Can this be done?

Changing MAX_SPELLS causes several things....

* Pwipe or playfile conversion.
* Will have to change the number of the attacks, and skills in spells.h
* Will have to renumber the attack-type messages in lib/text/messages

I think that that is all of the changes that will have to be made. I
boosted the number to 300 a long time ago so I would make damn sure that
I would have enough room for future expansion.

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke