Re: Use Less RAM!

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@CALIFORNIA.COM)
Date: 02/20/98

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Pure Krome wrote:

->Provided this works ... YOUR A F&^*&G LEGEND MATE!
->
->HEH!

Not that "manual memory paging" hasn't been suggested before; check
the archives.  I believe the argument against it has always been that
most operating systems already do automatic memory paging that is
infinitely more efficient than anything that could be done in
software (over the kernel).  From my point of view, since Win95 and
UNIX operating systems will do disk swapping when it is needed.

-dak