[CODE] User-defined prompts

From: Allan Rolf Gortemaker (umgortem@CC.UMANITOBA.CA)
Date: 02/24/98

I've been on several muds and have noticed many times that the same old
-> boring <- prompts (I find) are quite often used.  For my mud, I have
rewritten the prompt code so that it is totally user-defined.  You can
put whatever you want in your prompt though there are a few special
tokens that are reserved for displaying specifics such as hit points,
maximum hit points, mana max, mana, gold, mob condition (not numerical -->
displays excellent, wounded, hurt, awful etc.), and plenty of others.
Heck if you really wanted to, you could even have a prompt like:

  What the **** are prompts good for anyway?

And that would be your prompt.  Of course that doesn't really serve much
of a purpose, but if that's what the user wants, why not let him have it?
The downside to this is that it requires a new entry in the pfile which
means a pfile wipe would be necessary.

If there is any interest in this,  I'd be happy to post the code.  No
credit in your code is necessary, but if you really want to put it in
I'm not going to sue you for it.  :-)

I suppose that's all for now.

Ali Baba / Kymaro / or just plain Allan Gortemaker