Re: Skills/Spells And amount practiced

From: Shaw Mead (meadsh@ECE.ORST.EDU)
Date: 03/09/98

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, David Wiklund wrote:

> I have a question... I looked at the skills/spells letters and something
> poped into my head, if you can train both spells & skills in stock what are
> the
> spells skills defines in the following for?? :
>
> int prac_params[4][NUM_CLASSES] = {
>   /* MAG        CLE     THE     WAR */
>   {95,          95,     85,
> 80},
>   {100, 100,    12,     12},
>   {25,          25,     0,      0,},
>   {SPELL,       SPELL,  SKILL,
> SKILL}  <= it's this skill/spell defs I meen
>

> Now if you can get a warrior to train spells do you need to change these??
> Or what are they for?

The only thing I have found so far for those SPELL/SKILL declarations are
for listing out the spells and skills and determining wether to call the
list, a list of spells of a list of skills.

> Now for my second
question... >
> Where do you decide how much you are able to prac each time you type prac?
> I would like to make it 5% for each time you prac. But now as I understand it,
> that depends on how much int you got... so where do I change it... can't
> seem to find the file.

In the spec_procs for the guild special you will find the place where it
calls for the SET_SKILL.  If you wanted to change it to 5%, just change
those variables just before the SET_SKILL.