RoM Intermud pre2.0

From: Shadowdancer (sg618lo@UNIDUI.UNI-DUISBURG.DE)
Date: 03/10/98

Greetings,

  This is a little 'teaser'. Version 2.0 of the Realm of Magic Intermud
System will be available in the coming weeks. The code is now in beta stage
and needs debugging and profiling. It emerged from the intermud system
of Tempus MUD and uses their protocol. But it was more than greatly
enhanced, and has the following features:
  - using of mudlists to control access
  - using of C++ classes for easy extensibilty
  - several code cleanups and bugfixes
  - most extraordinarily feature: it is able to connect to LPC Muds
    which use the intermud2 standard!

  The Realm of Magic is currently connected to seven LPC muds and
exchanges with them the services who, tell, and ping. Further services
are planned for implementation.

  If any MUD Implementor is interested in beta-testing the code, then
drop me a mail at chris@rom.mud.de. BUT: the beta code comes without
documentation and server code only! I.e. the mud-interface to the
server needs to be written, but it is rougly compatible with the old
act.intermud.c by Tempus.

  I think that the final release of RoM Intermud 2.0 will be due in about
four weeks, but I don't want to make any  promises.

Just FYI,
Christian@RealmOfMagic

--
| Christian Loth                      | Meet me as the >Shadowdancer< in the |