a porting ?

From: Christopher Avans (parka@CDC.NET)
Date: 03/10/98

Hello I have recently moved my mud and am having some possible porting
problems. I have ran same code on a windows nt machiine a sgi irix 6.3 and
a sun sbox loading with openbsbsd . I have been givin an old DEC ultrix
bos that I have loaded red hat linux 5.0 on I ran the configure and was
abble to compile code., but it want allow me to make a new character.
when i go into chrar generation it crashes. I load an old pfile and I am
able to log in and cant not crash mud (i tried). So i went back and
changed compilers from gcc 2.7.2 to 2.8.1 then to 2.8.0 and even tried
CC=cc under all these I tried all ccompiler options I know and some I have
learnt in last days.
S       sSome notes when i boot mud with old playerfile I am able to log
in but have crazy hipts etc as you would guess I can correctly use olc
online text editor. However sseems some my greet progs using mobprogs
doesnt work. I am stumped and/or gonana sufrface for a few and ask around
Thankx in advance
Banyal