Re: [OFF TOPIC] Linux..

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 03/14/98

> ObCoherant:
>
> I'm considering plans for the full ascii conversion patch, and was
> wondering if I should throw all player-related data in a single file for
> each player.  That would mean the normal player data would be joined with
> the rent file, mail, aliases, and anything else I come across.

        Knee jerk reaction says to keep everything seperate.  Loading all
info in every case could get dangerously intensive.  I can see it now,
someone making their client fail password logins on purpose, some char
with like 300-400 items, mail, everything else... Bleh.

Plus, I'd hate to screw up every player file if I did something wrong with
mail.

Are there any distinct advantages to having it all in a single file?

                                                        PjD