[WIN95] Type mismatch

From: Richard Chiavareli (rchiav@FRONTIERNET.NET)
Date: 03/16/98

I decided to compile bpl12 under MSVC5 for the heck of it and
play around with some of the functionality. With regards to the
function char_to_room() I've noticed that there are several
calls to this function that pass an integer for the location
of the room the player is being moved to when the formal declaration
of the parameter is room_vnum (which is typedef'd as a short integer).
The compiler returns warnings on these and says that it supplied a
conversion. Anyone know the reason why on a UNIX type system it doesn't
give these warnings but on a WIN95 it does? I'm thinking that it may be a
compiler flag but I'm just guessing.

Thanks,
Rich