Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Damn connector!

From: Samuel V. Harrison (samuel@RLJ-CONSULTING.COM)
Date: 03/17/98

Jesper Andersen wrote:

> I have a little problem. I have someone who tries to connect over and over
> again. Spamming our log with "Losing descriptor without char." messages. I
> tried banning, but it only changed the message *doh*.
> How can I find the "spammers" addy, I got the IP but would like to get a
> hold of that little freak, or his admin his IP is 017.255.020.000.
> This has happened two times today where he tried to log on for around 500
> times, and it happened last week to. Its getting quite annouying.
> Hope you have some ideas, mail me directly at knight@stofanet.dk if you
> think this is to much off-topic.
>
> /Jesper

Well, from a Systems Administrators point-of-view, I would ban that specific
address from either the machine or the router.  If they come in through
multiple addresses, you might be out of luck.  Most sys admins like myself
couldn't care less what troubles a mud has unless it affects the performance
of the machine or network.  As far as his administrator goes, he might ignore
any complaint you issue.  I would suggest either banning him from the
machine/router or just ignoring him till he gives up.  Run a traceroute to
find his specific address.

-Samuel