Re: [win95][OLC]

From: Julian Buckley (buckley@PC.ELEC.UQ.EDU.AU)
Date: 03/18/98

I resent that...but anyway --- I've noticed that the patch files *dont
always work* but once you remove the makefile patch out of the main one,
it patches perfectly.  I spent over 3 hours patching on the weekend, and I
then deleted it in rage, then patched it using a auto patcher, and it
worked fine *once I dumped the makefile patch*

 On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Lethal
Access wrote:

> Uh, actually, I had a MUD on a Win95 system and I used the patch
> port which worked just fine with all of the patches I came across....
>
> *EXCEPT* for the OasisOLC patches which *NEVER* work with
> the patch port for Win95... I see that they use a totally different
> style
> of creating their, which is all fine and good, but screws over a bunch
> of
> people trying to add in Oasis.
>
> However, since the percentage of people using CircleMUD on Win95
> systems to real systems is low, I guess I wouldn't care about them as
> well.
>
> >Hello all,
> >
> >I was just wondering if there was somewhere I could get a zipped
> version of
> >OasisOLC 1.6 (or above) that contains the changed files? So far all
> I've
> >come across are patches, which I can't use while on a Win95 system. Any
>
> >response is welcome. Much Thanks all.
> >
> >arnold

 Julian Buckley, 2nd Year Computer Systems Engineering
 Dept. Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Univ. of Qld
 E-Mail: s348266@student.uq.edu.au
 Web Page: http://student.uq.edu.au/~s348266/index.html