[CODE][ASCII-PFILES] HELP!!!!

From: Guyang Mao (gymao@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 03/18/98

I've recently added the ascii pfiles patch found on George's site.
(Bugfix for Sammy's ASCII playerfiles (bpl12)).
Now, I've added the other stuff in the pfile that needed to be saved
into the save_char, load_char, functions.
I can create a new character fine.  But when I try to log in an old
character, it reaches the point

gethostbyaddr: no error

on the server screen (I'm using Windows 95, if that helps), doesn't
even send the beginning screen or the MOTD, and immediately crashes
with the error "unhandled exception in circle.exe"

Please help me!