Now having a crappy week.(spell botch)

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 03/19/98

Who woulda know that Dhall's addy and the circle addy were right next to each
other.  well, since i sent the spam, i thought i would send something relevant.
sigh.

BIG FAT OB-CIRCLE:
spell failure:  hmm shouldn't they backfire if you really screw them up?  I have
there be a 5% chance per casting of a spell that it will zap their mana in half
and deal them 1/4 of their maxhit in damage. (think i gotta change that to only
do real damage if they are over extending themselves)  This will only happen if
they cast it as their present learned power level though. (i think i described
this shadow run-esque magic system)  If they cast it at a power level below
their learnt level, no botch. If above their learned level, add 15% per level
>:)   Seems to work very nicely.  Thinking of grabbing the botch code out of the
archipelego base though.  Anyone else tried that hunk?  If so, how does it work?

On a side note, MS-Word is evil.  I can never remember to capitalize the word
"I" now.  oh bother.

--Angus